Right Prism Lateral Surface Area CalculatorPosted by Dinesh on
Use the simple geometry calculator to calculate the lateral surface area of a right prism online.
Geometry Prisms - Definitions
- A Prism is a polyhedron with two congruent polygonal faces that lie in parallel planes.
- The Bases are the parallel polygonal faces.
- The Lateral Faces are the faces that are not bases.
- The Lateral Edges are the edges between the lateral faces.
- The Slant Height is the length of a lateral edge. Note that all lateral edges are the same length.
- The Height is the perpendicular length between the bases.
- A Right Prism is one in which the angles between the bases and the lateral edges are right angles. Note that in a right prism, the height and the slant height are the same.
- An Oblique Prism is one that is not a right prism.
- The Surface Area of a prism is the sum of the areas of all its faces.
- The Lateral Area of a prism is the sum of the areas of its lateral faces.
Lateral Surface Area of a Right Prism Calculation
Lateral SArp = P×hwhere,
P - the perimeter of the base
h - the height of the prism
Lateral SArp - Right prism lateral surface area